Serves: 1 (or 6 appetizer/tasting portions) Time: Overnight is best
- 1 c. scallops, diced
- 1 c. shrimp, peeled and deveined. diced
- 1 grapefruit
- 1/4 c. chopped red onion
- 1/3 serrano, finely diced (remove seeds and ribs to lessen heat)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 t. coriander
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2-3 small tortillas, cut into triangles
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro and mint
- salt, pepper, cooking spray
Combine the scallops, shrimp, onion, serrano, and coriander in a container.
Working over the seafood, cut the grapefruit segments into the bowl and allow all of the juice to fall in. Squeeze the remaining juice out of the grapefruit. Add the oil and lime juice, stir to combine, and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Scatter the tortillas on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 6-8 minutes; until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper immediately.
Stir the herbs into the ceviche. Serve with the chips.