- - 1 red bell pepper
- - 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- - 1 yellow bell pepper. thinly sliced
- - 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- - 2 zucchini, cut into discs
- - 1 red Fresno chile pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- - 1 Anaheim or Cubanelle pepper thinly sliced
- - 2 cloves garlic, minced
- - 1 14.5-oz can of chopped tomatoes
- - olive oil
- - 3-4 c. of vegetable or chicken stock
- - salt
- - pepper
- - thyme bundle
Preheat your oven to broil. Place the red bell pepper under the broiler and let it char on each side for approximately 10-12 minutes; until the skin is black and blistered. Keep your oven door open to let some of the steam escape. When it is cooked, put the pepper in a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. This will help the skin to be easily removed.
In a large soup pot, heat a light layer of olive oil. Add the fennel, season with salt, and let it cook for about 5-6 minutes. Add in all of the peppers, season again, and let cook for another five minutes. While this is happening, remove the majority of the skin from the roasted bell pepper and thinly slice it.
Add in the garlic, roasted bell pepper, and zucchini. Add a little bit more salt and stir to combine. Add in the thyme bundle, tomatoes, and stock. Let the soup simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes. Remove the thyme bundle and enjoy!