If you've been following this blog for long, you probably have realized how much I love seafood and ceviche. Basically, the citrus mimics the cooking process of the shrimp. Give it a try before you write it off. It's limey and delicious. You don't even need to dress the greens in this salad because of the natural sauce that is part of the ceviche.
- 4-5 large shrimp, peeled and deveined and chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced (remove the seeds and ribs if you want to reduce the heat)
- 1/4 small onion, diced
- 1 roma tomato, diced, seeds discarded
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- a few dashes of hot sauce
- 1-2 c. greens
- drizzle of olive oil
Once all of the ingredients are diced, combine the shrimp, jalapeno, onion, tomato, cilantro, garlic, hot sauce, olive oil, and lime juice. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate and let sit for at least an hour; preferably overnight.
Plate the greens and top with the ceviche.